[Comp-neuro] 2008 Computational Cell Biology Course at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

Chris Fall fall at uic.edu
Thu Jan 31 21:30:18 CET 2008

Computational Cell Biology at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York

There is a large void to be filled with realistic descriptions of
cell biological processes in neural models. Therefore, we are pleased
to announce (to the comp-neuro community) a new summer course in
Computational Cell Biology at the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
outside of New York City on Long Island. The course will cover the
computational modeling of cellular processes including intracellular
signaling, Ca2+ signaling in particular, gene expression, cell cycle,
molecular motors and motility, cardiac modeling and other topics.
Lecturers will include both experimentalists and theoreticians.

This course is principally sponsored by the National Science Foundation.

The application deadline is March 15. The course is focused on
advanced graduate students and postdocs, although retraining faculty
would also be appropriate.  We welcome mathematically inclined or
interested biologists as well as biologically inclined researchers
with a quantitative background. Please see the Cold Spring Harbor
course website for details.

http://meetings.cshl.edu/courses.html

While we are still finalizing the schedule, faculty that have agreed
to participate, in order of arrival, are:

Chris Fall, Illinois Chicago
Greg Smith, William and Mary
Les Loew, Connecticut
Bard Ermentrout, Pittsburgh