[Comp-neuro] Junior research scientist positions in computational neuroscience and brain imaging

Olivier Faugeras Olivier.Faugeras at sophia.inria.fr
Tue Jan 15 15:05:06 CET 2008

Junior research scientist positions in computational neuroscience and
brain imaging in the Odyssee Laboratory at INRIA (France).

The Odyssee laboratory (project team,
http://www-sop.inria.fr/odyssee/presentation/index.en.html) at INRIA
(the French Research Institute in Computer Science and  Applied
Mathematics) is looking for top candidates to fill one or two junior
researcher positions in
computational neuroscience or brain imaging (functional, anatomical)
analysis,  starting between September 1st and December 31st, 2008.

These are tenured (permanent) positions with no teaching duties.

The applicants must have a strong  background in
mathematics, and/or physics, and/or computational science and obtained a
postdoctoral
experience in computational neuroscience and/or the analysis of brain
imaging data. They are  expected to develop their own
interdisciplinary research and to join the group efforts in
the field. We have very close collaborations with several experimental
groups in neurophysiology and brain
imaging.

Our current research topics include brain
imaging techniques and inverse problems (EEG/MEG, diffusion MR imaging,
optical imaging and intracellular recording) and computational
neuroscience (dynamics of biophysical and spiking neuron
models, mean field modelling, computational neuroscience of vision,
simulation techniques). For more information, see our last activity
report (http://www-sop.inria.fr/odyssee/raweb/ra07.pdf).

The Odyssee group is distributed between Sophia-Antipolis (near Nice, on the
French riviera) and the Ecole Normale Supérieure in downtown Paris (in
the heart of the "Quartier Latin"), and the candidate can apply to
either place.

The Odyssee project team is competing with other INRIA groups for these
positions hence we strongly suggest to all interested
persons to contact the scientific director of the project team, Olivier
Faugeras
(Olivier.Faugeras at sophia.inria.fr), before starting the application
procedure.

Application forms must be sent in before February 20th (2008), see the
following web page:

http://www.inria.fr/travailler/opportunites/chercheurs/concourscr2.en.html

: Olivier Faugeras
: http://www-sop.inria.fr/odyssee/team/Olivier.Faugeras/index.en.html
: Email: Olivier.Faugeras at sophia.inria.fr
: Sophia-Antipolis 		ENS
:	Tel: +334 92 38 78 31 		+331 44 32 21 55
: 	Sec: +334 92 38 78 30
: 	Fax: +334 92 38 78 45		+331 44 32 21 56