[Comp-neuro] Assistant Professorship in Computational Neuroscience in Freiburg, Germany

Janina Kirsch kirsch at bccn.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Dec 2 15:09:27 CET 2008

ALBERT-LUDWIGS-UNIVERSITÄT FREIBURG

Junior Professor (W1) in Computational Neuroscience

Focus on neuronal network models of learning

The new Laboratory of Computational Neuroscience (Prof. Dr. S.
<http://www.bccn.uni-freiburg.de/People/members/rotter> Rotter) at the
Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience (BCCN) and the Faculty of
Biology of the Albert-Ludwig University Freiburg is now inviting
applications from physicists or mathematicians with a strong
interdisciplinary background to lead a new independent theory group.

We are seeking a young colleague to join and enhance our research program on
the analysis and modeling of neural systems. Scientific proficiency in
computational neuroscience and experience in high-performance computing,
with particular focus on biological neuronal network models of learning, are
prerequisites for the successful applicant. The new colleague will supervise
undergraduate, doctoral and postdoctoral research projects. The new group
will be integrated into both the laboratory and the BCCN with respect to
research and teaching. Further information regarding our research and
teaching program can be found on our website (www.bccn.uni-freiburg.de). For
further questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Stefan Rotter, Bernstein Center
for Computational Neuroscience, Albert-Ludwig University Freiburg,
Hansastrasse 9a, 79104 Freiburg, Germany (e-mail:
rotter at bccn.uni-freiburg.de).

The successful candidate will have completed his/her doctoral studies with
distinction. Publications in leading international journals of the field are
expected. The appointment is limited to four years with the possibility of
an extension for another two years after evaluation. The University of
Freiburg is an equal opportunity employer. Applications of women with
equivalent qualifications are strongly encouraged. Handicapped candidates
with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.

Candidates are requested to send a CV, a list of publications, and a short
exposé of previous and planned research by e-mail
(dekanat at biologie.uni-freiburg.de) not later than January 2, 2009 to

       Prof. Dr. Ad Aertsen

       Dean, Faculty of Biology

       Albert-Ludwig University Freiburg