[Comp-neuro] Re: (3) A Matter of Religion

jim bower bower at uthscsa.edu
Sun Aug 24 01:08:28 CEST 2008

This now far afield, sort of.

I have said before, in my view, any theory of cognition that denies the relevance of neurons is by definition duelist. Once you accept duelism, then anything is fair game, including "

"This thread is about incipient religious dogmatism in neuroscientific discourse"

No its not, and I started this thread. The fact that humans have a tendency to be dogmatic, and the fact that religion by definition, and in its essence is dogmatic, are completely seperable facts. No scientific predisposition discussed here, can be defended by reference to some higher cosmic authority.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T