[Comp-neuro] Sharing analysis algorithms

Cengiz Gunay cgunay at emory.edu
Thu Aug 21 15:17:13 CEST 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Michael Schmuker wrote:

> a ) The neural ensemble: http://www.neuralensemble.org/
>
> b) The find toolbox: http://find.bccn.uni-freiburg.de/
>
> I'm sure there are many more similar approaches; any suggestions are
> appreciated :)

We have been developing another Matlab toolbox for analysis of
electrophysiology datasets - both modeling and recording. Our PANDORA's
toolbox takes a database approach to analysis by tagging the data and
providing a metadata infrastructure in native Matlab, providing access to
several intracellular recording, database and statistics analysis
functions. It does not require any external database software and it
supports many simulation and recording data formats. It is listed under
both SimToolDB and INCF Software center as mentioned earlier in this
discussion thread:

http://senselab.med.yale.edu/SimToolDB/ShowTool.asp?Tool=112112

http://software.incf.org/software/44/view/PANDORA

The toolbox was used to analyze a database of this globus pallidus
neuron model:

http://senselab.med.yale.edu/modeldb/ShowModel.asp?model=114639

in producing this publication:

Gunay C, Edgerton JR, Jaeger D (2008) Channel density distributions
explain spiking variability in the globus pallidus: a combined physiology
and computer simulation database approach. J Neurosci 28:7476-91

Cengiz Gunay
--
Postdoctoral Fellow
Prinz Lab, Dept. of Biology, Emory University
cgunay at emory.edu  cengique at users.sf.net 	cengique at yahoo.com
Lab: +1-404-727-9381	Home/Cell: +1-678-559-8694
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~cgunay
ICQ# 21104923, cengique@{jabber.org,Skype}