[Comp-neuro] Sharing analysis algorithms

Ted Carnevale carnevalet at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 20 16:33:48 CEST 2008

Michael Schmuker wrote:
> A. David Redish wrote:
>> I suggest that we need a method for sharing analytical algorithms as
>> well as computational models.
> There are a couple of initiatives emerging with this goal.
>
> a ) The neural ensemble: http://www.neuralensemble.org/
> It has several projects, most notably PyNN, "a Python package for
> simulator-independent specification of neuronal network models". It is
> rapidly growing and already in widespread use.
> There is also NeuroTools, a python package for data analysis from
> simulations.
>
> b) The find toolbox: http://find.bccn.uni-freiburg.de/
> "A Matlab-based, open-source analysis toolbox for multiple-neuron
> recordings and network simulations."

Good suggestions, Michael.  Let me also mention SimToolDB
   http://senselab.med.yale.edu/SimToolDB/
as a site for posting at least the code used to implement such
algorithms.  Unlike the two examples mentioned above, SimToolDB
is completely agnostic about what kind of code the algorithms are
expressed in.

--Ted