[Comp-neuro] Re: Attractors, variability, noise, and other subversive ideas

Brad Wyble bwyble at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 13:53:11 CEST 2008

I have to say that as someone who doesn't share your (Jim's) perspective of
what modelling should be like, that this proposal sounds a little bit
horrific.  It is clearly written with the best of intentions, but I fear
that this is a recipe for stifling innovation in the modelling field.   With
these rules in place, it would be easy to turn the crank on existing models,
producing tiny, incremental improvements using elements from a pre-approved
toychest.   Bold theories, which we are in dire need of, would be that much
more difficult to publish.

-Brad Wyble