[Comp-neuro] Sharing analysis algorithms

Michael Schmuker schmuker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 10:52:03 CEST 2008

A. David Redish wrote:
> I suggest that we need a method for sharing analytical algorithms as
> well as computational models.
There are a couple of initiatives emerging with this goal.

a ) The neural ensemble: http://www.neuralensemble.org/
It has several projects, most notably PyNN, "a Python package for
simulator-independent specification of neuronal network models". It is
rapidly growing and already in widespread use.
There is also NeuroTools, a python package for data analysis from
simulations.

b) The find toolbox: http://find.bccn.uni-freiburg.de/
"A Matlab-based, open-source analysis toolbox for multiple-neuron
recordings and network simulations."

I'm sure there are many more similar approaches; any suggestions are
appreciated :)

Cheers,

Michael

--