[Comp-neuro] The sniffing brain and free will

anibalmastobiza at terra.es anibalmastobiza at terra.es
Sat Aug 16 18:34:11 CEST 2008

Ok. Dr. Bower.

 But if we frame the issue  in an evolutionary timescale is it not better  to focus on the machinery responsible for movement and the valuations needed to choose the apropiate course of action available. Because its more pertinent if we would like to talk about the computations underlying "free will" or cognitive freedom.

I think even before the evolution of our magificent sense of smell is earlier the biological mechanisms for movement (sensory neurons, motoneurons, interneurons...) so it is even better to look at the way the spinal cord computes.

Greetings, an i´ll keep reading you because you are an authority in computational neuroscience.

Greetings to all.

Ahora también puedes acceder a tu correo Terra desde el móvil.

Infórmate pinchando aquí.