[Comp-neuro] Hamming inspirations for possible Newtons of neuroscience

asdf asdf foontala at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 17:59:44 CEST 2008

I've been reading the latest activity with great interest, and I hope the
following reference will make a contribution.

The depth of the questions people have been asking on this list
regarding the philosophy of science and its inertia remind me of
a talk by Richard Hamming entitled:  "You and Your Research."
It's directly relevant in many ways to some of the current discussions.

If you are looking for inspiration for solving the "big questions",
I highly recommend reading the entire transcription of
Hamming's talk.

http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~robins/YouAndYourResearch.pdf

In any event, I'm looking forward to reading and learning more from you all
in the future;

Sincerely,
Jacob Martin
GUMC