[Comp-neuro] Hilbert's questions

Bill Lytton billl at neurosim.downstate.edu
Tue Aug 12 15:51:26 CEST 2008

Jim:

I've been following with interest and have found myself in agreement with most of your points --
not surprising perhaps since I'm also from the bio rather than the physics side of the great
divide.

The problem with the Hilbert knockoff that you reviewed was of course that it was n guys rather
than 1 guy.

So we need the guy -- needs to be someone with a reasonably large view of the field and a
reasonably large ego :) -- how about you Jim? -- or Christof or Terry or Bard? (apologies
to the many others who should also be named)

perhaps Bard and Jim need to work together on this since 2 heads are better than 23 if not as
good as 1, though perhaps better if coming from 2 different cultures

this kind of thing may be better done in a listserv rather than a meeting anyway

Bill

PS was also enviously following the locales and beverages -- I'm stuck with diet pepsi
in flatbush

--
William W. Lytton, MD
Professor of Physiology, Pharmacology, Biomedical Engineering, Neurology