[Comp-neuro] POST-DOCTORAL POSITION: SOCIALLY INTERACTIVE ROBOTS.
e.i.barakova at tue.nl
Mon Aug 11 15:21:30 CEST 2008
POST-DOCTORAL position available for the project SOCIALLY INTERACTIVE ROBOTS.
Date: August 2008
Employer: Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands, Industrial Design Department,
Designed Intelligence group, Dr. Ir. Emilia I. Barakova.
The Designed Intelligence (DI) group in the department of Industrial Design targets a long-term multidisciplinary collaboration with St. Marie hospital in Eindhoven, several schools for autistic children in Eindhoven region, and University of Tilburg in the multidisciplinary project on behavioral training of autistic children through robotic or other intelligently behaving toys.
The application focus of this project is on the development of intelligent robots and robotic toys with social features that are equipped with brain-inspired models that will orchestrate intelligent social behavior. The models are to be inspired by recent findings on neurophysiologic mechanisms of social interaction between two people. The implementation of these models should emulate behavioral expression and interaction capabilities of physical robots or other behaving objects with sensory and action capabilities. These will be used for behavioral training of the social skills of autistic and typically developing children through play with robotic toys.
To strongly propel this ambition, the postdoc position is meant as nucleus of a research cluster that should eventually include multiple PhD students and a number of masters student projects, and is expected to produce not only scientific results but also real-world effects.
The candidate has to meet the following requirements:
• A PhD in Computational neuroscience, Artificial intelligence, Computer science or in a related field. Industrial Design or Human –Robot interaction experience will add to the set of skills.
• Programming skills and background in robotics are desirable
• Collaborative skills, a team worker
• Good written and spoken English
• Independent working style, and the ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
Appointment and Salary
• a full time temporary appointment for 2 years.
• a gross salary between € 2.639 and € 3.597 gross per month (salary scale 10, CAO Dutch Universities) depending on your knowledge and experience
• a broad package of fringe benefits (among other things excellent technical infrastructure, child care, saving schemes, and excellent sport facilities).
Further information can be obtained from:
• dr. ir. E.I.Barakova, Dept of Industrial Design, phone +31 (0)40 247 3563, e-mail e.i.barakova at tue.nl <mailto:e.i.barakova at tue.nl>
• Ms. J.A.C.L. Braat, personnel department, Dept of Industrial Design, phone +31 (0)40 247 5883 e-mail: j.a.c.l.braat at tue.nl <mailto:j.a.c.l.braat at tue.nl> .
Please send a written application or e-mail, including a letter explaining your specific interest in the project and extensive curriculum vitae, to the following address:
Technische Universiteit Eindhoven
Department of Industrial Design
Personnel department, Attn. Ms. JA.C.L. Braat, room HG 3.92
P.O. Box 513
5600 MB Eindhoven
Or by e-mail to: j.a.c.l.braat at tue.nl <mailto:j.a.c.l.braat at tue.nl>
Please include vacancy code V51.059
You can apply for this job before 01-09-2008
Emilia I. Barakova, Ph.D.
Book review editor, JIN,
Faculty of ID,
Eindhoven University of Technology
5600 MB Eindhoven
Visiting Scientist at:
Lab. for Dynamics of Emergent Intelligence
RIKEN Brain Science Institute (BSI)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro