[Comp-neuro] mailing request

Daniela Pelz daniela.pelz at bccn-berlin.de
Wed Dec 5 13:09:39 CET 2007

Dear neuroinf-people,

my name is Daniela Pelz, I am the coordinator of the MSc and PhD Program
in Computational Neuroscience at the Bernstein Center for Computational
Neuroscience Berlin. We are currently recruiting students for our
graduate programs and therefore I would like to ask you to post the
following text.

Thanks a lot!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

International Master of Science or PhD
in Computational Neuroscience

Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience

Berlin, Germany

The Berlin University of Technology, the Charité Medical School and the
Humboldt University of Berlin solicit applications for an international
Master and PhD program in Computational Neuroscience within the
Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience Berlin
(http://www.bccn-berlin.de).

The Master program is full-time for four semesters, the PhD program is
full-time for three years. Course language is English. There are no
tuition fees. Application deadline for both programs is March 15, 2008.
Courses start in October 2008.

The Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience Berlin comprises 24
research groups working on a single cell level up to a macroscopic
level, both experimentally and theoretically. It offers a unique
scientific environment to the students within the program.

The master progam is unique within Germany, offering students the
opportunity to work early on in their career in a cutting edge
interdisciplinary research field. Teaching staff includes the four newly
appointed young Bernstein professors. The program currently offers 10
places with an excellent teacher to student ratio and a sense of
familiarity among students. The Master’s degree is jointly awarded by
the Technische Universität Berlin and the Humboldt Universität zu
Berlin. Teaching and Training follow a ‘one day, one location’ principle.

The PhD program offers students to do research one of the Center’s 24
research groups of the center giving them a broad choice of topics and
methods. At the same time they are embedded in a scientific network
where they regularly meet international scientists from their field of
research. Furthermore, they have the opportunity to build up a network
of their own with PhD students form other neuroscience programs within
Berlin and within the Germany-wide National Network for Computational
Neuroscience.

All students who are interested in neuroscience and have a strong
mathematical background are welcome to apply. In accordance with the
interdisciplinary nature of Computational Neuroscience the program
encourages students form diverse disciplines such as natural sciences,
engineering, or mathematics to apply.

For further information please check
www.computational-neuroscience-berlin.de or send an email to
graduateprograms at bccn-berlin.de