[Comp-neuro] Post Doc Position in Theoretical Neuroscience

Klaus M. Stiefel stiefel at salk.edu
Fri Apr 13 06:45:09 CEST 2007

Dear All,

I am looking for a talented and motivated post-doc to join our research
unit at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST). Research
questions addressed will include dendritic structure-function
relationships, multi-scale modeling and dynamical systems approaches to
neural excitability. The qualified applicant will have skills in
computational neuroscicence, experimental neuroscience (and a motivation
to acquire computational skills), applied mathematics or a in
combination of these fields. Excellent English language skills are a must.

The OIST is a newly formed international research institute in Okinawa,
Japan's southernmost prefecture. Under the guidance of Nobel Prize
laureate Sydney Brenner we aim to establish a top-level,
multi-disciplinary research community. The operating language of the
institute is English.

Starting date for this position will be August 2007 or later, duration will be 1 year or longer.
We pay a competitive salary and provide a relocation package as well as Japanese
language classes.

--
Dr. Klaus M. Stiefel
Theoretical and Experimental Neurobiology Unit
stiefel at oist.jp
http://www.irp.oist.jp/tenu/