[Comp-neuro] Post-doc in mean-field modelling

Rolf Kötter rk at hirn.uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Sep 29 19:51:26 CEST 2006

I would be pleased if you could post this exciting opportunity to the list:

The newly formed Chair in Neurophysiology and Neuroinformatics invites
applications for a senior post-doc position (possibility of tenure after
positive evaluation after 5 years) in the group of Rolf Kötter at
Radboud University Nijmegen/NL.

The overall mission of the group is to study the biological conditions
of neuronal population dynamics aiming to bridge the gaps between single
cell electrophysiology and large-scale brain activity. Experimentally,
we will expand the combination of intracellular recordings and flash
photolysis of caged glutamate in brain slices with multielectrode
recordings. Computationally, we will simulate the behaviour of neuron
populations within and across brain regions drawing upon our extensive
neuroinformatics databases (CoCoDat, CoCoMac).
Refs: Schubert et al. 2006 Cereb Cx 16: 223-236; Sporns et al. 2005 PLoS
Comput Biol 1: e42; Sporns & Kötter 2004 PLoS Biol 2:1910-1918; Schubert
et al. 2003 J Neurosci 23:2961-2970; Passingham et al. 2002 Nat Rev
Neurosci 3:606-616.

We are looking for an experienced post-doc with a background in mean
field neuronal modelling and dynamical systems theory to advance the
computational side in close collaboration with the experimental work in
the group (Dirk Schubert) and in collaboration with related groups
performing, e.g., in vivo recordings (Stan Gielen,
http://www.mbfys.ru.nl/~stan/), statistical learning theory (Bert
Kappen, http://www.snn.ru.nl/~bertk/), non-invasive brain imaging (F.C.
Donders Centre, http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/) and clinical studies
(University Hospital).

The position is available now for initially 5 years with subsequent
permanent employment according to Dutch labour law depending on
evaluation. The salary will be according to qualification and
experience. Interviews will be conducted until the position is filled.

Further positions for diploma and PhD students and a junior post-doc
with a focus on analyzing macaque connectivity data in the context of
human imaging studies are also available.

Candidates should send a letter of intention with a full CV and the
names of two referees by e-mail to:

Prof. Dr. Rolf Kötter, Chair
Section Neurophysiology & Neuroinformatics
Department of Cognitive Neuroscience (126)
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre
Geert Grooteplein 21, NL- 6525 EZ Nijmegen
The Netherlands
phone +31 24 3614248; email rk at cns.umcn.nl
homepage: http://www.neuropi.org