[Comp-neuro] Neuroinformatics live demos, SfN meeting, Atlanta

Jan G. Bjaalie jan.bjaalie at incf.se
Wed Oct 4 23:38:32 CEST 2006

NEUROSCIENCE 2006, Atlanta, October 15 - 18

The newly established International Neuroinformatics Coordinating
Facility is hosting a series of live demos of computational tools and
databases. Welcome to our booth in the Institutional Exhibit Area, booth
no. 2728.

Program and abstracts are posted at www.incf.org

Sunday October 15th

9.30 am – 12.30 pm | The Brain Architecture Management System: a mature
neuroinformatics workbench for neurobiology | M Bota, LW Swanson

9.30 am – 12.30 pm | Rodent Brain Navigator: database and atlas system
for microscopy and imaging data | JG Bjaalie, JO Kjøde, T Hjørnevik, TB
Leergaard, D Darin, C Pettersen, IA Moene

1.30 pm – 4.30 pm | The Neuroscience Information Framework: A Prototype
National Neuroinformatics Node | D Gardner, GA Ascoli,  D Donohue, M
Halavi, L Marenco, ME Martone, P Miller, A Robert,  GM Shepherd, PW
Sternberg

Monday October 16th

9.30 am – 12.30 pm | Massively parallel simulation of brain-scale
neuronal network models | M Djurfeldt, C Johansson, Ö Ekeberg, M Rehn, M
Lundqvist, A Lansner

9.30 am – 12.30 pm | NEST: A Simulation Tool for Large Neuronal Networks
| HE Plesser, M Diesmann, MO Gewaltig, A Morrison, A Aertsen [PDF]

1.30 pm – 4.30 pm | INCF Japan Node and Platforms | S Usui, S Watanabe,
S Amari

1.30 pm – 4.30 pm | Neurofitter: a parameter tuning package for
electrophysiological neuron models | W Van Geit, P Achard,  E De Schutter

Tuesday October 17th

9.30 am – 12.30 pm | CoCoMac: an integrated brain connectivity database
| R Kötter,  G Bezgin

9.30 am – 12.30 pm | Surface-based Atlases of Cerebral Cortex:
Visualization and Data-Mining using Caret, WebCaret, and SumsDB Software
| J Harwell, D Van Essen, J Dickson, D Dierker

1.30 pm – 4.30 pm | GeneNetwork, The Mouse Brain Library, and a new
Atlas of the Developing Mouse Brain | RW Williams, W Bug,  A Centeno, J
Nissanov, KF Manly, GD Rosen, U Schambra

1.30 pm – 4.30 pm | The NeuroScholar Knowledge Management Platform | G Burns

Wednesday October 18th

9.30 am – 12.30 pm | ART: Automatic reconstruction of tubular
structures: from single neuron to whole brain  – a multiscale approach
to integrated brain function | M Sibila, A Hess, K Obermayer

9.30 am – 12.30 pm | The virtual rat brain: software environment for
integration of 3d cellular data of the rat brain | L Zaborszky, P
Varsanyi, Z Nadasdy, N McDonnell, F Howell

Scientific organizers: Robert W. Williams, SfN Neuroinformatics
Committee, and Jan Bjaalie, INCF Secretariat.

Sincerely,

Jan G. Bjaalie
International Neuroinformatics Coordinating Facility, Secretariat
www.incf.org